Corporate Protection Australia Group has undertaken the first audit as an Emergency Response Provider and achieved merit at Tier 3 with an LNG endorsement. The audit does not make an assessment of the contract management relationship between the organisation and the client they are providing the services to but whether it is providing a reliable service in terms of meeting safety and knowledge at the coalface, as this is where key actions of emergency response take place. The audit assesses the ability of the organisation to provide a credible and reliable emergency response program to industry and focuses on,
- The qualifications and currency of the crew members.
- Skills acquisition and maintenance.
- Equipment maintenance records for rescue and response equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and compliance – e.g Fit test for respiratory protective equipment, air quality certification of SCBA compressors etc.
- Ability to provide support services such as vehicle construction, equipment supplies, training, procedures etc